The ALGOP State Executive Committee (SEC) is the governing body of the Alabama Republican Party.
Every four years, the majority of these seats come up for election and are chosen by our Republican Primary Voters on Primary Day (May 24, 2022).
This year, there are a total of 212 SEC seats that will appear on ballots. They are divided up across all 67 counties. Some are at-large seats for a particular county, while others are for districts within a county.
Anyone interested in running for the SEC must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Republican primary voter
- Live in the county/district of the seat they are running for
- File the qualification paperwork with the ALGOP on-line or in-person at ALGOP headquarters (3505 Lorna Road, Birmingham, AL 35216)
- Pay the $50 qualifying fee, either on-line during the qualifying process or in person at ALGOP headquarters
The qualifying period for SEC seats runs from Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. CST to Friday, January 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CST. All qualifying paperwork and fees must be filed no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on Friday, January 28, 2022. Anyone who files after that time will not be granted ballot access.
The candidates who receive the majority of the votes for each SEC seat on Primary Day will be declared the winner. SEC seats DO NOT go to a run-off election.
- If you wish to change the SEC seat you are running for, you will have to re-qualify and pay an additional $50 qualifying fee.
- All qualifying fees are non-refundable.