How do I get an absentee ballot?
You must submit an absentee ballot application with a copy of your photo ID to the Absentee Election Manager for your county. Once approved, they will mail you an absentee ballot.
Am I qualified for absentee voting?
If you are a registered and qualified elector, you are applicable for an absentee ballot if:
- you are out of the country or state on election day
- you have a physical illness or infirmity that prevents you from physically attending the polls.
- your work shift has at least 10 hours that are during the hours of polling at your designated polling location
- you are an enrolled student at an educational institution outside of your county of residence and your academic schedule prevents your ability to get to your designated polling location
- you are a member, spouse of, or dependent of a member of the military (according to the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act)
- you are an election officer or poll watcher that is stationed somewhere other than your designated polling place
What do I do with my ballot after I vote?
Absentee ballot applications and completed absentee ballots can be hand delivered OR mailed to your county’s Circuit Clerk’s office in care of the Absentee Election Manager.
What if I am out of the country?
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act allows you to fill out a federal postcard application form. This postcard is paid for by “The Federal Voting Assistance Act of 1955.”
What if my spouse is in the military?
Members of the armed forces of the United States, including the Alabama National Guard, the United States Naval Reserves, the United States Air Force Reserves, and the United States Military Reserves on active duty training OR the spouse of any member of the armed forces or any other applicant qualified to vote absentee pursuant to the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act can fill out a free federal postcard application.
Emergency Absentee Voting:
In case of emergency, Emergency Absentee Ballots are also available for download.
Important Dates for the 2022 Republican Primary:
Last Day to Return an Absentee Ballot Application by Mail: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Last Day to Return an Absentee Ballot Application by Hand: Thursday, May 19, 2022
Last Day to Return an Absentee Ballot by Hand: Monday, May 23, 2022
Last Day to Return an Absentee Ballot by Mail: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 no later than noon