- This event has passed.
Autauga County Republican Party Executive Committee
May 21 @ 6:00 pm
To provide everyone a safe environment,
1. We will meet now meet at St Joseph’s larger Family Life Center, as it is a much larger room at the church, but is in the other building. We’ve met there a few times. If you look at the church and Hwy 31 from the rear parking lot, it’s the building to the far left, that has a drive in area in front of the building’s doors. The space is large (HUGE) enough that each person or couple will definitely have at least 6 feet or more of social distancing.
2. We will not be providing any refreshments. Please bring your own snacks and drinks, and if you do, please take your trash with you when you leave. Do not leave in a trash receptacle in the church or on church grounds.
3. We will provide the blue surgical masks for committee members and our guest speakers, which will be mandatory to wear once inside the facility. Perfectly acceptable is bringing your own, as long as the mask covers both nose and mouth: like a scarf, neck gaiter, bandanna, or t shirt, or your own creation. If you have a medical reason to not wear a mask, then we ask when you arrive, you stay at the rear left of Family Life Center room and leave building directly after meeting is adjourned. Please only remove your mask to speak to the group or if you are beyond 12 feet from anyone.
4. If you wish to to wear gloves, at this time, we ask you bring your own, or you may also wear your winter, work, or garden gloves, if you choose. If we come across gloves before the meeting, we will have those available.
5. AS YOU ARRIVE: We will have a container of Clorox wipes and Lysol spray for your use upon entering, before signing in, for your use.
6. Immediately step inside. Please sign in (use your own pen if you choose) and then continue forward to a chair. We will have them 6 feet apart from each other. If after you get to the chair, you wish to socialize, we ask that if you do, please practice the CDC’s requirement of being at least 6 feet apart from others, including others who may be seated or heading to a chair. While inside St. Joseph’s, we will require everyone to adhere to the six feet social distancing. Once inside, if you now find you are unable to practice the CDC 6-foot social distancing, please leave for the protection of those who can and are.
7. AFTER ADJOURNMENT: We will exit the facility by having those closest to exit doors leave first, having each individual person(or couple) leaving the building at least 6 feet apart from each other, single file. This room will not be the location for after-meeting socializing. After leaving the facility, you may remove your mask. We do ask you take masks with you and not leave behind. Please continue up to the parking lot, before stopping to socialize with other members or guests.
I totally have come to totally despise the overly-used phrase, “In the abundance of caution”, but that’s exactly how we will proceed. If you find that despite the precautions we have taken, you are uncomfortable being in this public environment due to health conditions, being the caregiver for another, or whatever reason, please do not come. We wish you all continued health during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
A. If you wish further COVID-19 information, the Alabama Department of Health COVID-19 website is https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/index.html.
1. If you scroll down to the picture of Alabama, select, it will go to the “dashboard” showing test, confirmed cases, and deaths, by county, and multiple graphs, and testing sites lodations within the state.
2. If you scroll down to “Data and Surveillance” to Daily Case Characteristics for today: 5/12 or any day, is a daily PDF that is a wealth of in-depth information on who is more likely to get the virus, as well as health conditions in Alabama are the leading COVID-19 causes of death.
B. If you wish a more world-wide view, I use https://ncov2019.live/data.
C. For within the USA, https://www.cdc.gov/. CDC states 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, watch for the following symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.