- This event has passed.
Alabama Election Day Integrity Classes, Hosted by the Mobile GOP
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 6:30 pm, repeating indefinitely
Other than voting on Election Day, have you ever wondered about the procedures that take place in precincts on our voting dates- what’s allowed, what’s not and how can you do something about problems? In order to do something, you need to first know what to look for in your voting precinct regardless of what county you reside.
- Can you wear a candidate’s apparel in your precinct to vote?
- Who is allowed in the precinct during voting times?
- What happens when a machine jams?
- Who can handle the ballots?
- What if someone is blocking the door or you see a ballot in the parking lot?
- How do the ballots get to the probate courts?
- Who can watch the ballots being moved and counted after 7 pm?
- What’s a provisional ballot?
- What if a voter doesn’t have the proper photo ID- can they still vote?
We take Election Integrity very seriously, now more than ever- therefore, the more you know as a citizen or candidate, the better our elections are run and are trusted by the electorate.
Join former ALGOP Chairwoman Terry Lathan on an Election Day training class via Zoom on Monday, May 16 to learn what to look for, how to report issues and to be a part of our team of watchers as you simply vote on Election Day. Chariman Lathan has trained over 1,000 poll watchers for the Republican Party. She has a deep history of knowledge to share with you as an interested citizen and/or candidate.
Register at the link below. All are welcome to learn, candidates may have your watchers join us and learn the rules of Election Day. Are you a voter who has always wanted to know the procedures? Be our eyes and ears in the precincts, not just a voter. These laws apply statewide regardless of where you live.
Two classes are given as options- choose the time that works best for you. Share this with an interested friend and let’s go to class together as we practice the old saying….If you see something, say something.
Pass this offer along to any interested citizen or candidate so Alabamians know the Election Day rules, laws and procedures.