This Saturday, April 29, will mark President Trump’s 100th day in office. President Trump has accomplished a great deal during this short amount of time.
Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry Lathan issued the following statement regarding President Trump’s first 100 days in office:
“The 100 day milestone of President Trump’s presidency is something many thought would never happen. Every poll, pundit and national media outlet told us we would never see this day. Yet, the American people thought differently.”
“Throughout the first 100 days of his time in office, President Trump focused on the promises he made with determination and record speed.”
“In a landslide election, 84% of American counties chose Donald Trump. He is making good on the promises he made to the American people during his campaign.”
In his first 100 days President Trump has:
- Seated the first Supreme Court Justice in 100 days for the first time since 1881
- Signed over 30 executive orders: rolled back harmful economic regulations, ended funding to Planned Parenthood abroad, gave back land management control of 265 million acres to states, protected whistleblowers at the Veterans Administration, is reviewing the federal role in education, implemented “Buy American, Hire American”, issued a study on the opium epidemic, dismantled climate change protections, instituted a travel ban from six countries categorized as terrorist haven nations, mandated federal agencies to submit unnecessary government regulations, and many other actions.
Released a historic tax reform plan that will help millions of Americans and businesses stimulate the economy
- Worked on a healthcare plan to undo the collapse of Obamacare, with an emphasis on states making their own decisions
- Implemented tough immigration policies that have already seen a 17-year low in illegal border crossings
- Brought economic confidence back to its highest level in 16 years
- Sent a strong message to the world and used America’s military strength when he dropped “the mother of all bombs” on an ISIS haven and attacked Syria’s airfield associated with deadly gas attacks
“President Trump’s first 100 days have been a busy and focused time for our country. While the 100 day marker is traditionally traditionally noted as a first snapshot of a presidency, we look forward to additional strong conservative actions and policies from this administration.”