Qualifying for the special election in House District 76 will open on Monday, September 6, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. CDT – pending approval of the ALGOP Steering Committee – and close at on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 5 p.m. Please read the following guidelines and click the button on the bottom of the page to continue with the qualifying process. The fee to qualify for this race is $1,034.68. All qualifying fees are non-refundable.
- Complete and return Declaration of Candidacy form and qualifying fee to ALGOP.
- Please note that submission of your qualification form online will be treated as the equivalent of your signature and personal certification of the matters on the qualifying form.
- Complete and return the Statement of Economic Interests form to the Alabama Ethics Commission or complete online. ALGOP highly suggest filing before qualifying as candidate. Deadline: This must be filed simultaneously when qualifying with county chairman or ALGOP. If you do not fill this out on time you can be disqualified. Alabama Ethics Commission
P.O. Box 302300
Montgomery, AL 36130-2300
- Complete and return Appointment of Principal Campaign Committee form to the Secretary of State’s office within five calendar days of qualifying with ALGOP or county chairman. If you do not fill this out on time you can be disqualified. Office of the Secretary of State
ATTN: Elections Division
P.O. Box 5616
Montgomery, AL 36103-5616
- Be sure to confer with legal counsel to ensure correct compliance with all election laws.
- Be aware of all pre-election report deadlines and submit financial reports to the Secretary of State as required once fundraising thresholds have been met (see Candidate Filing Guide for details). A copy of the Alabama Fair Campaign Practices Act is available from either the ALGOP Headquarters (3505 Lorna Road, Birmingham, AL 35216) or the Secretary of State’s office (600 Dexter Ave, Montgomery, AL 36104).
- Complete and return Financial Committee Filing forms.
- Note these forms may be filed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually depending on filing calendar and when you hit specific thresholds. Please check candidate Filing Calendar to be sure you do not miss any dates.
- If you do not fill these out on time you can be disqualified.
- If you have any questions on how to fill out the forms contact the Secretary of State office.
Upon dissolution of the campaign committee, the chairman or treasurer of the committee should provide the Secretary of State’s office with a Statement of Dissolution Form, a record of unreported contributions and expenditures, and a statement of how excess campaign funds will be distributed.
- ALGOP qualifying fee is non-refundable
- FCPA Election Calendar/Deadlines alabamavotes.gov
- Statement of Economic Interest Instructions ethics.alabama.gov (click “Statement of Economic Interests”)
- Candidate Filing Guide, 18th edition
- Campaign Advertising Disclaimer Guidelines
- Candidate Filing Guidelines
- Declaration of Candidacy Form (Advance at the bottom of this page)
- Appointment of Principal Campaign Committee fcpa.alabamavotes.gov (click Committee Registration, select Principal Campaign Committee)
- Statement of Economic Interest Form ethics.alabama.gov (click Statement of Economic Interests)
- Dissolution of Campaign Committee Form alabamavotes.gov (under “Candidates” tab, click “Download FCPA Forms”, and download the third form from the bottom titled: “FCPA – PAC/Candidate – Statement of Dissolution”)
- Campaign Financial Filings Form alabamavotes.gov (under the “Candidates” tab, click “View new Campaign Finance System”)